Wednesday 27 February 2013

Caring with Quilts update.............

Caring with quilts is going very well.............it's been getting some other media coverage as well as what we have all shared online and I am getting people contact me about more quilts.............
Quilters are amazing people there is no doubt about that............
Nicky (New Zealand) and Maree sent these yesterday
Last weeks mail was from
Yvonne, Brenda, Margaret, Patrizia, Marc, unknown lady, and Lynda sent 7.............
Someone else arrived the other day - Peg and Dale.................they now have a passport and travel bag......these girls have luggage - probably since they went to Japan as they did come back with some serious luggage.............of course they had to check out the quilts............
And when I add all those to the pile I have 
50 quilts.........
this is an amazing pile............
The Googy Girl has organised the Traditional Nine Patch Swap.....
....my 14 blocks for February are done....I had to start with blue........... 
OK crawling back into my hole until we get some rain................proper rain....
.....I could be gone for awhile........they keep forecasting it and we get nothing........that's worse then when they don't forecast any rain - you don' t get your hopes up..........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

22 comments:

Susan said...

Fantastic effort with the quilts, such a great response. Gorgeous blocks. Hope you get some rain soon.

Nicky said...

WOW - NZ Post/Australia Post have done themselves proud.... I only posted the parcel on Friday! Was going to email you today to say keep an eye out for it lol
What a fantastic bundle of quilts, I'm sure they will be appreciated.
Love the nine patches, and I really hope you get some rain soon...

Anonymous said...

well done ladies a lovely lot of quilts there,lots of lovely people to be wrapped in love and comfort.xx

willywagtail said...

I so, so wish I could send you some of our rain. We get so much that summer has been lost to some hazy humid weather that won't even dry the towels properly. Maybe in March we could do a bit of swap - we'll send you our rain if you send us your dry? Congratulations on the great number of quilts. Are you still wanting more? I made a start on one but will not be likely to finish it for a couple of months due to my slow health. Cherrie

Susan said...

Thsts a great tally - hopefully mine will be there soon! Love your 9 patches.

Marilyn said...

working hard on mine too - hopefully will be done by the end of the week. They all look so gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Lots of goodies there, Chooky! :)

Raewyn said...

This is amazing, such a pile!! Sorry I couldn't help out this time. We're needing rain over here too - incredible how quickly a place can dry out.

Noela said...

Lots of lovely quilts there. Wish I could send you some of our rain. Hugs.....

Unknown said...

Amazing result with the quilts,well done. Wishing you rain and more rain. Sharyn:)

Larissa said...

A fabulous result Chooky!!!

DAWNIE said...

Wow these blogging girls are just totally awesome. Fabulous response to the "caring with quilts" this one should be finished soon. Also glad to see Peg and Dale out and about, they were so naughty to disappear , a, missing them

Jenny said...

50 quilts that's amazing. I am sure every one will be appreciated. Feel so bad for you all out there, praying for rain and the cows...

Googy Girl said...

wow so many quilts .....that's fabulous

my top is finished waiting for me to piece the backing and start quilting.....aghhh the quilting always freaks me

congrats on finishing the blocks they look great
very you...love them

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Great to see the old Chooks out again! Watch out they don't make nests in those beautiful quilts....Have stopped rain dancing for you...I think it's putting the rain Gods off!! Xx

Fiona said...

love your 9 patch blocks... and what a fantastic pile of quilts you have got.... excellent...
Hugz

Love Bears All Things said...

Chooky,
I know you sent me a link for a place in the states that I could order Red Home Book....but could you send it again. I am so envious of all that the SAL girls are doing...love that bag.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That is amazing that people have been so generous and you're doing this for such a great cause!! (I'm back.... again! MW)

Susan said...

I'm a quiet reader and observer of your blog!!! I just posted on my blog and mentioned the Stich-A-Long, although I'm not participating, nor have the books being used, I'm busy stitching up other things I like and want to make from various magazines.
http://seasonsforsusan.blogspot.com.au/

Unknown said...

Have you got any decent rain out of this lot? Wish I could send some over the mountains to you. I hear Tamworth got some, it must be your turn next.

From marynan at wet, wet, TEA GARDENS

Unknown said...

So Glad you Finally had some Rain....the Boy's are getting Organised again....seems to come round Quickly lol
Great Response to the Quilt Drive Well Done!
Take Care
xx

Jenny said...

WOW! Just awesome